Friday 15 July 2016

Saturday 9th July - Go Ride & Youth Ride

Thanks to the more summer like weather this week we were at last able to run the track skills sessions that we'd planned a few weeks earlier.  After a warm up of 'Chase The Grapes' we divided riders into two groups and started work on some essential track skills; following another rider and changing off the front.  We made it harder for the older riders, they rode on the grass, meanwhile the younger riders practised on the playgroud; more less resistance and more speed.  Before long even our youngest riders had got the hang of it and they were riding in groups of three or four, sharing the work on the front.
After a quick break to re-fuel and re-hydrate we all moved onto the grass and ran some of our favourite track style races; Devil and Italian Pursuit.  This is all good practise for our Go Ride Racing in a couple of weeks on the 23rd July.

Youth Ride
I'd got myself in a bit of pickle this week, but the first I knew of it was when Kieran said "is this the bike I usually ride Kary?"  Off course it wasn't, I'd brought the wrong bike down with me, although the same colour this bike was too big for Kieran and although he tried hard to convince me he could ride it, the fact that he couldn't reach the breaks even convinced him it wasn't a good idea!

Kieran looking relaxed after climbing the Col de Mote
The older riders headed off with Damian, Malcolm and Juan. Myself, Claire, Michele and Sarah went via my house to do a quick bike swap.  Once that was sorted we headed over to the Col de Mote.  Not a long ride this week but a very big hill!  We got back to school just in time to meet up with the others, so all in all it all worked out in the end and I will look more carefully next time I pack the bikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment