Saturday 24 June 2017

Saturday 24th June - Go Ride Racing & Picnic

It was quite a shock to me when I discovered that Calvin was unavailable today; I was back in the driving seat, just when I thought I was safely ensconced in the back!  It then transpired that all the other Young Volunteers had had more interesting offers (D of E, shopping trips, village fetes etc,), so I also had to take on the role of pacer for Devil racing.

Once again our new coaches stepped into the breach, and under the masterful leadership of Damian set about organising the riders for our first event the Individual Time Trial.  We followed that up with some Scratch Races, then the Devil and finally some Slow Races for the younger riders and Longest Lap for the older categories.  As a final fun race we split the riders into four and did a couple of Italian Pursuit events, these were fast paced and closely contested, a great final demo of the riders' skill and fitness.
The Super Minis lining up for their Scratch Race

The thing that struck me most was just how good at racing our riders are;  we'd made a conscious decision to include lots of race focused coaching in the preceding weeks and it was brilliant to see the riders putting it into practise.  I just hope they all enjoyed it as much as I did.  Despite the fact I managed to delegate pretty much all of the work to the rest of the team I still seem to have only taken this one photo :-(. So, Parents, if you have podium photos do let me have them.









Look forward to seeing everyone next week, Saturday 1st July for our final coached session at Stocks Green this term.

No comments:

Post a Comment