Saturday 14 September 2019

Saturday 14th September 2019

Another glorious September morning and nineteen enthusiastic young bike riders raring to go!  I wasn't around for the session itself, so I only know what I'd planned to happen.......

On Jez and Gary's request I dropped down a bunch of stakes and tape to Stocks Green so they could have a go a setting out a cross course; this has traditionally been Calvin's speciality but now he is away for Uni the coaching team had an earlier start than normal!

The plan was: Warm up on the whistle, coach and practise cornering technique, put it into action on the CX course, biscuit break (Maryland Choc Chip Cookies) and finally an endurance block.

Judging by the photos there was some healthy race style competition during the endurance block, I spotted Iris with the chequered flag and Harry with his hands in the air.  
Rider briefing from Coach Andrew


Ella holding Oliver off through the bends




Looks like an overtaking manoeuvre

Over the lump; need to work on those head positions...


I'm assuming that's a 'win' for Harry

Iris with the chequered flag; pretty sure that's Oliver behind it

No comments:

Post a Comment