Sunday 9 March 2014

New Stuff ALL weekend

Ok, so Saturday saw our first delegates at the Go-Ride Conference in Dartford.  BC Luke has hounded me for the last two years to go but I've always resisted up until now.  It was good to go along with Claire I, especially as she drove and navigated, all I had to do was get up.  Claire handled the safeguarding side of things, while I went to the coaching workshops.  Was good to put some names and faces together from BC; Rob Mace, Andrew Chaston and John Mills for example.  Best bit for me was the Chimp Management workshop based on Steve Peters model.  Also really good to see our friends Clive Titmarsh (Team Darenth) and Colin Robinson (Thanet RC)  both having their outstanding contribution recognised with lovely big trophies. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Damian and Claire M were taking the Quick Start Go-Ride session.  I was really disappointed to miss the Mr Wolf game that Damian had planned to re-inforce braking technique.  I was reliably informed by Toni that it was awesome, so looking forward to a game of that soon!

I thought I would take advantage of the forecasted good weather to check out a new route I've been thinking about for a while.  Mentioned it to a few regulars and soon found I had plenty of company for my Sunday morning ride.
Ice cream from Barbara's on Weald village green

We clocked up almost 10 miles on a mixture of lanes, unadopted roads and a byway with a mighty big climb thrown in for good measure (oh and an ice cream).  Calvin claims I've been promising him ice cream since Year 5 so I awarded him Rider of the Week, but my decision was contested in favour of Hope, who had worked really hard to keep up with the big wheels.  So Rider of the Week is a joint affair this week: Calvin and Hope, waiting the longest and working the hardest for ice cream respectively.

Next Week Saturday 15th March:
No morning Ride
Quick Start and Regular Go Ride 1.45pm - 3pm
A well deserved rest for Ashley & Sophia
Sunday 16th March: Challenge Ride - road bikes only, details to follow.
Hope was voted our Rider of the Week


Calvin has been waiting a LONG time for this ice cream.
Inglis's on the green



No comments:

Post a Comment