Friday 19 May 2017

Spring In The Park #4 - It's Not All About The Bike Riding


Another Friday night, another Spring in The Park and once again a cracking team from the KVK and KVRT.  I got a special treat this evening as the latest addition to the Hacker family came to support his siblings and I got to hold him.  As some of you know I am an absolute sucker for a baby, so I really paid little attention to anything else until I really couldn't get out of doing what I was supposed to be doing anylonger.  Now, I wonder whether the kit supplier would do us snuggle suits................



Luke was helping me out with the timing system, he set to work with Russ from Team Darenth, that left Calvin with the bucket and clippers.


Riding this evening were Toni, Polly, Ellen, Nico, Hope, Oliver, Lucy, Albert and Ivo. The thing I love most is watching our new and younger riders making progress every week; this might be getting a better place on the start line, or holding a wheel, or winning a sprint.  This week the thing that stood out most to me was seeing three KVK jerseys riding in the U10s bunch; Albert, Lucy and Oliver.  Riding amongst other riders is when it starts to feel like real bike racing (for me anyway).  



So after four races all our riders are well placed in the overall standings.  Now is the time to start studying who you need to watch, stay with, or beat.  Current overall standings are:



Ivo 2nd, Albert 7th, Oliver 10th, Nico 32nd, Lucy 5th, Hope 2nd, Eloise 6th, Polly 1st, Toni 3rd and Ellen 5th.



This could well all change at round 5, so there is still eveything to ride for.












No comments:

Post a Comment