Saturday 29 February 2020

Saturday 29th February - All Off Site - Except We Weren't...............

This was the second time in our ambitious four week block that we had to change our plans..............I rode the Penshurst Trail on Friday afternoon, while it was rideable, the standing water and mud pools meant I was really wet thirty minutes in and that was before the rain started, without unscheduled dismounts or a puncture!  By the time I got home I was colder than the last time I swam in Chipstead Lake in January ;-). I knew I had to call it, these are not the sort of conditions that make for a fun bike ride.

So I made the decision to cancel early; Friday night I put the call out to train indoors and send me the photos.  Here's what happened...........

Harry still trained at the Cyclopark Development Centre session - BBBBRRRRRRRR - Chapeau Harry!

Hannah & Iris got their running shoes on..........Iris got a 5km PB 

Ivo was warming up at Redbridge (AKA HoghillI). Note close proximity to Inglis's hamper :-)
It was a tough day out at Hoghill for Ivo, he fought hard in the wind and uphill and just missed a podium spot, finishing fourth.  Hope had a top step sort of day. Woo Hoo!


Back indoors, Alfie showing plenty of commitment (more than the cat)

Oliver, putting his roller skills to good use


Thomas training with tunes.....

Betsy aiming high in Yellow

Albert going full gas

Gareth training to keep up with almost teenage son???



Sunday, indoors at Lee Valley.  It's early but it's warm and dry :-) Ivo, Harry, Lucy & Fin at Club Cluster
Lucy headed off to Hillingdon after the track.  I'm reliably informed that she had a great race, managed to stay in the bunch and finished 2nd Girl.  That's her second, second place in two weeks! Go Lucy!

So all in all a good weekend for all our riders who really wanted to get on their bikes (outdoors or indoors).  Next week we'll be joining other clubs at Cyclopark, Gravesend for Club Cluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment